Hello, Port Jefferson! I’m Danielle and I’m filling in for your usual curator Debora for the next couple of days. Please note that your newsletters may be a bit lighter during this time. Now, here are all the most important things to know about what’s happening locally.
First, today’s weather:
Mostly sunny and beautiful. High: 78 Low: 60.
Here are the top three stories in Port Jefferson today:
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Sunny Suncatcher Craft At Port Jefferson Free Library (10:30 AM)
- Intro To Excel Class At Port Jefferson Free Library (6:30 PM)
- Ultimate Chicken Horse At Port Jefferson Free Library (6:30 PM)
- Tissue Paper Painting At Port Jefferson Free Library (7:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- Calling quilters of all experience levels: head over to the Port Jefferson Free Library at 1:00 p.m. to meet with the Long Island Quilters group. (1:00 PM)
- If you missed yesterday’s farmers market at Jeanne Garant Harborfront Park, don’t worry: the market will return every Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Port Jefferson, NY via Facebook)
- The Port Jefferson boys’ lacrosse team took the field on Saturday in honor of former team member Aidan Kaminska, a 2020 graduate who passed away Monday at his family home. (Newsday)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
That’s it for today. I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update!
— Danielle Fallon
About me: Danielle Fallon is a senior writer with content creation agency Lightning Media Partners and assists Patch.com with community newsletter curation. Danielle also holds a Master’s Degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders and works part-time as a pediatric speech therapist.